- Locate the surfer.set file on the computer. The location for the surfer.set file depends on your Operating System. Please see: Where is the Surfer SET file?
- Create a copy the original surfer.set file and change the file name (i.e. surfer_original.set).
- Open Surfer and click File | Defaults.
- Make the desired changes to the defaults.
- Click OK to save the changes to the surfer.set file.
- Create a copy the new surfer.set file and change the file name (i.e. project_1.set).
To load a SET file:
- Click File | Defaults.
- Click the Change Filename button to the right of the Current Setting File name.
- Select the SET file to use and click Open.
- Click OK.
You can also load it on the command line or include this information in the Surfer icon/shortcut. This will start Surfer with the specified SET file. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Surfer 14\Surfer.exe" /set "C:\temp\project_1.set"
where C:\temp\ is the directory the SET file is located in. Change this to the actual directory that you use for the SET file you wish to load.
Updated February 3, 2017