To create a solid block diagram in Surfer, you will need to have grid files for each surface you want shown in the block.
- Click Home | New Map | 3D Surface | Surface, select one of the grid files and click Open.
- Add the other grids as 3D surfaces by selecting the existing map and clicking Home | Add to Map | Layer | 3D Surface.
- Select one of the 3D Surface layers in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, on the General tab, enable the Show base option.
- Expand the Line Properties and Fill Properties sections and adjust the properties as desired.
- Repeat Steps 3-5 for each of the 3D Surface layers created.
Surfer 3D block diagram illustrating seismic survey results
For an example, please see the attached SRF file, BlockDiagram.srf. In this example the Grids | Calculate | Math feature was used to add 150 to the Z values in Demogrid.grd (from the Surfer\Samples\ folder) to create the upper surface.
Updated August 25, 2020
Please sign in to leave a comment.