To change the units for a selected coordinate system in Surfer, follow these steps:
- Select the layer (e.g. Contours) in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click Set in the Coordinate System tab.
- In the Assign Coordinate System dialog, select the coordinate system you want to change.
- Click the Modify button.
- In the Define Coordinate System dialog, set the Name of the Linear Units to Feet (or whatever units you want) in the Projection section.
- Change the name of the coordinate system to indicate the new units.
- Click OK.
- If this coordinate system is listed under Custom, click the Add to Favorites button to list it under your Favorites so you can use it in the future without recreating it.
- Can I change the XY units on my Surfer map, for example convert meters to feet?
- Do I need to specify a coordinate system for every map layer in Surfer?
- How can I make the axes show the coordinates I want in Surfer?
Updated November 2021