To add a custom line style in Surfer, you need to add it to the predefined list of styles. There is not a way to do this in the user interface, but this can be done by editing the LineStyle.ini file. To do this:
- Close completely out of Surfer.
- Navigate to your LineStyle.ini file.
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Golden Software\Surfer (version number)
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Golden Software\Surfer (version number)
- Open the LineStyle.ini file in Notepad.
- At the bottom of the file, add a line in the format name = xxx . The dash patterns are a series of alternating dashes and gaps, these values are specified in page units.
- For example, to create a pattern of 0.5 inch dashes and 0.25 inch gaps, enter the values of 0.5 and 0.25: Custom Line = 0.5 0.25
- Enter the values of 500 and 250: Custom Line = 500 250
- Save the LineStyle.ini file. Restart Surfer.
- The Custom Line will be saved in Style drop down menu in the Line Properties. The customized line can also be accessed through automation.
Updated January 16, 2017