To add a custom line style in Surfer, you need to add it to the predefined list of styles. There is not a way to do this in the user interface, but this can be done by editing the LineStyle.ini file.
Complete the steps below to add your desired custom line style to the INI file.
- Close completely out of Surfer.
- Navigate to your LineStyle.ini file.
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Golden Software\Surfer <version number>
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Golden Software\Surfer <version number>
- Open the LineStyle.ini file in Notepad.
- At the bottom of the file, add a line in the format name = xxx . The dash patterns are a series of alternating dashes and gaps, these values are specified in page units.
- For example, to create a pattern of 0.5 inch dashes and 0.25 inch gaps, enter: Custom Line = 0.5 0.25
- Save the LineStyle.ini file. Restart Surfer.
- The Custom Line will be saved in Style drop down menu in the Line Properties. The customized line can also be accessed through automation.
Updated October 25, 2018