- Click Home | New Map | 3D Maps | Surface, select the grid file and click Open. The surface map is created.
- Click the 3D Surface layer in the Contents window to select it.
- In the Properties window, click the Mesh tab.
- Check the check boxes in the Draw lines fields under Lines of Constant X and Lines of Constant Y.
- If you do not want to see the colors on the surface, click the General tab.
- In the Upper field under the Material Color section, click the Custom colormap (...) button.
- Enter 0 in the Opacity field and click OK.
The surface map has the slight advantage that you can choose the frequency of the mesh lines (you can select every other one, every 5th one, etc), you can set the limits of the map, and it does not show blanked areas. On the other hand, wireframe maps are vector images (not bitmap images), so they may be a little crisper.
3D Surface maps of Telluride with different wireframe mesh densities
Updated January 9, 2017