- Select the axis in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the Scaling tab.
- Check the box next to Reverse axis.
If wish to reverse the Z axis (i.e. if you have depth data), or you are using Surfer 11 or a previous version, there is not a direct way to reverse an axis. However, you can multiply the data by -1 and then show the absolute value for the axis labels. To do this:
- Click File | Open and open the original data in the Surfer worksheet.
- Use the Data | Transform function to multiply the data that you want descending by -1. For example, to multiple the X data in column A by -1, you could use the function A=A*-1.
- Save and close the worksheet.
- Go to Grid | Data and regrid the data.
- Create the map.
- Select the axis that shows the negative data (ie. the Bottom Axis).
- In the Property Manager, on the General page, under Labels, expand the Label Format section.
- Check the Absolute Value check box. Your axis is descending and the axis labels do not show the negative sign.
Updated January 17, 2017