- Select the Axis in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the Scaling tab.
- Check the box in the Reverse axis field.
Surfer does not currently offer the ability to reverse the direction of a Z axis. However, you can multiply the grid Z values by -1. To do this:
- Click Grids | Calculate | Math. This opens the Grid Math dialog.
- Click the Add Grids button, select the grid file, and click Open.
- Enter A*-1 in the Enter a function... field.
- Edit the Output Grid name and location as desired.
- Determine whether to add the new grid to a new or existing map as a map layer.
- Click OK.
- If an Export Options dialog appears, choose the desired spatial reference file(s) to export, and click OK.
- Click OK in the dialog telling you your new grid file has been created.
If you would like to see the ability to reverse Z axes in Surfer, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated October 23, 2018