You have the option to freeze some layers when importing a DXF file into Surfer. Objects in layers that are marked frozen will not be imported into Surfer.
To freeze a layer when import the DXF into Surfer:
- Click Home | New Map | Base | Base or Home | Add to Map | Layer | Base.
- Select the DXF file and click Open.
- In the DXF Import Options dialog, click the File Info button. All the layers will be listed in the Layers Used section.
- Double click on the layer you want to freeze.
- Check the Freeze this layer check box in the Layer name dialog and click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all layers you want to freeze. Only the unfrozen ones will import.
- Click OK to import the file.
Updated October 24, 2017