There is not a way to convert the alphabetic column headings in the worksheet to numeric headings in Surfer. To add your vote to this request on our suggestion file, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a workaround, you can insert a row of numbers at the top of the worksheet. To do this:
- Open the worksheet in Surfer.
- Highlight row 1 and click Data | Edit | Insert to insert a blank row at the top of the worksheet.
- Click Data | Data | Transform.
- Select Row variables from the Transform with dropdown list.
- Enter the Transform equation: _1=row()
- Enter your first column into the First col box and your last column into the Last col box:
- Click OK and row 1 is populated with the consecutive numbers:
Updated January 16, 2017