There is not a way in Surfer to set limits on the Z axis of a 3D map, but there is a workaround. You can use Grids | Calculate | Math to assign NoData values to the areas above and below certain Z values. For example, if you want to limit the surface map to show only areas with a Z value between 40 and 80, you can:
- Click Grids | Calculate | Math.
- In the Grid Math dialog, click the Add Grids button.
- Select your grid file and click Open.
- In the Grid Math dialog, enter the function: If (A>40 and A<80, A, 1.70141e+38). This tells Surfer that if grid A is between 40 and 80, then use the Z value in that grid, otherwise use the NoData value.
- Click OK and the new grid is created.
- Create a map from this new grid.
You can email email@example.com to add your vote to this request on the suggestion file.
Updated January 16, 2017