To add a ° suffix to your labels in Surfer, hold the ALT key down and type 248 on the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard (not the numbers along the top). Then release the ALT key and the ° is entered.
For example, to add ° as a suffix for post map labels (to display strike/dip values, for instance):
- Select the post layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, on the Labels page, under Label Set 1, open the Label Format section.
- Click in the edit box to the right of Suffix.
- Hold the ALT key down and type 248 on the numeric keypad.
- Release the ALT key and the ° is created.
- Press ENTER on the keyboard and the ° suffix is added to your post map labels.
If your labels are lat/long values, you can use the DMS (Lat/long) label format to display symbols after the degrees, minutes, and seconds values:
- Select the axis in the Contents window.
- On the General page in the Properties window, expand the Label Format section within the Labels section.
- Change the Type to DMS (Lat/long).
- Set the DMS format.
- Check the box next to Use symbols.
Updated November 2, 2017