A suffix can be added to labels in Surfer, including special characters like degree signs, as long as you know the ALT code for the character.
For example, to add ° as a suffix for post map labels (to display strike/dip values, for instance):
- Select the Post layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window click the Labels page.
- In the Label Set 1 section, expand the Label Format section.
- Click in the edit box to the right of Suffix and hold the ALT key down while typing 248 on the numeric keypad.
- Release the ALT key and the ° is created.
- Press ENTER on the keyboard and the ° suffix is added to your post map labels.
If your labels are lat/long values, you can use the DMS (Lat/long) label format to display symbols after the degrees, minutes, and seconds values:
- Select the axis in the Contents window.
- On the Labels page in the Properties window, expand the Label Format section.
- Change the Type to DMS (Lat/long).
- Set the DMS format.
- Ensure the box next to Use symbols is checked.
Updated October 14, 2021