A: To import a SEGY file into Voxler:
- Click File | Import (or File | Load Data in Voxler 2).
- Select your SEGY file, and click the Open button.
- In the SEGY Import Options dialog, select Detect from Header or Use Default in the Data Type section.
- Select Curvilinear model in the Import Format section.
- Click the OK button.The data loads into Voxler.
- To visualize the data, right click on the data in the Network window and click Graphics Output | ObliqueImage module to display the data.
Note from Voxler Help Files:
The SEGY filter imports SEG-Y seismic data log files as point sets or two-dimensional lattices. Each SEG-Y file contains one or more "traces," which are digital representations of amplitude samples as recorded by a paper tape seismic recorder (or modern paperless equivalent).
File name extensions: [.SGY, .SEGY]
Format(s) Supported for Import:
- 2D uniform lattice; 8-,16-bit integer, float
- Point set; 8-,16-bit integer, float
Updated March 5, 2018