|KB no longer maintained - Voxler is a retired product. Golden Software retired products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of Voxler's features are moving to Surfer . Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
- Click File | Open select then data file and click Open.
- Create a column for your Z data where each cell has a value of 0. The fastest way is to:
- Click Data | Transform.
- In the Transform dialog, enter your equation. For example, to give each cell in column C a value of zero, enter C=0, then click OK.
- Click File | Save.
- In the Viewer Window, click File | Import find the newly saved file and click Open.
- In the Network Manager, click the data source module.
- In the Property Manager, select the General tab and set the apporiate columns under Worksheet Columns (setting the columns of 0's for Z coordinates).
- Right click over the data source module in the Network Manager and choose Computational | Gridder to create a Gridder module.
- Select the Gridder module. In the Properties Manager, set any settings you wish and click Begin Gridding.
- Once the gridding is complete, right click over the Gridder module and choose Graphics Output | HeightField.
Alternatively, if you own Surfer you can grid the XYZ data in Surfer (Grid | Data), load the GRD file into Voxler (File | Import), and attach a HeightField module directly to the GRD file.
Updated August 6, 2018