- Click View | Display | View Properties (View | View Properties in Strater 3 and 4, View | Borehole View Properties in Strater 2).
- Set the Depth settings to Collars Table or Automatic.
- Uncheck the box next to Auto-recalculate scale (set it to False in Strater 2 and 3). Now you have full control over the scale, while the starting and ending borehole depths are controlled by the collars table or automatically.
- Set the Scaling depth per inch you want for the logs. Now when you change the Hole ID, the scale remains the same even if the Starting borehole depth/Ending borehole depth change.
In Strater 1, it is not quite as simple. We added a way to do this in Strater version 1.3 (and all later versions). This allows the scale to remain constant while updating the starting/ending borehole depths automatically according to the data. To use this feature:
- Make sure you have the most recent version by going to Help | Check for Update.
- Close Strater and navigate to your Strater installation directory.
- Open the Strater.ini file in a text editor, like Notepad.
- In the [Settings] section at the top, add "Set Scaling Value= " and then type in what scaling factor you want to use. To disable this setting, put a semi-colon in front of it. For example:
;ErrFlags=0x9b3 ;SHOWLOC | BEEP | TERMINAL | DIALOG | LEVEL 3
Set Scaling Value=250
5. Save and close the file, then restart Strater 1.
Updated: October 4, 2016