To use File | Export | Multiple Logs with a function log, you will need to create a function log for each Hole ID in your project. This will create multiple logs and multiple Math Results tables, one for each Hole ID. Delete the extra logs, so you only have one function log. Copy and paste the information for all holes into a single Math Results table, and delete the other Math Results tables, so you have all the data in one table. If you wish to apply a function to all holes in your project at once, and save the results to a single table, please email email@example.com and we will add your vote for this feature to our suggestion file.
Exact steps for the process outlined above (using a sample file) are:
- Click File | Open and open Example Logs.sdg from the Strater Samples folder.
- Delete the existing function log.
- Click Log | Create Log | Function, and click in the log pane where the previous function log used to be.
- In the Function Log dialog, in the Log Variables list, double click on Bar.
- In the Operator list, double click on *.
- In the Log Variables list, double click on Line/Symbol. So the Function Expression is: [Bar] * [Line/Symbol].
- For New Log Hole ID, select DH-1.
- Click OK. The Math Results 1 table is created, and the Math Results 1 log is created.
- If desired, click and drag the green handles around the log to make it fit the space.
- Click View | Display | View Properties, and in the Property Manager change the Hole ID filter to DH-2.
- Click Log | Create Log | Function again, and click in the log pane.
- In the Function Log dialog, in the Function Expression, click the Expression History button.
- Click the Expression History button and then double click [Bar] * [Line/Symbol] (or single click and then click OK).
- For New Log Hole ID, select DH-2.
- Click OK. The Math Results 2 table is created, and the Math Results 2 log is created.
- Delete the Math Results 2 function log by right clicking over it and clicking Delete.
- Click the Math Results 2 data table.
- Highlight columns A, B and C and press CTRL+C to copy the data.
- Click the Math Results 1 data table.
- Scroll to the bottom and place your cursor in the first empty cell in Column A (row 102).
- Press CTRL+V to paste the data.
- Right click over the Math Results 2 data tab and click Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Repeat steps 10-22 for all wells in your project that you want to export.
Now when you use the File | Export | Multiple Logs command, your single Math Results log will update with the calculations for each well.
Updated: October 6, 2016