|KB no longer maintained - Strater is a retired product. Golden Software retired products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
Strater 5 has added the ability to create raster logs from an image file and then depth-register the log so it shows up at the proper depth relative to your other logs. To import and depth-register an image file of a scanned geophysical log:
- Click Log | Create Log | Unregistered Raster.
- Click in the log pane or cross section pane where you want the log to appear.
- In the Import dialog, select the image file containing your log and click Open.
- You're automatically in registration mode.
- Click and drag the red arrow at the top left of the log (Log starts here) to the depth where you want your log to begin. Everything above this line will be cropped.
- Click and drag the red arrow at the bottom left of the log (Log ends here) to the depth where you want your log to end. Everything below this line will be cropped.
- Click and drag the blue arrow at the top right of the log (Reference Depth 1:0) to the first calibration depth (typically the first labeled depth grid line).
- On the Log page of the Property Manager, in the Registration subsection of the Data section, type the depth value for this first blue line into the First reference depth field.
- Click and drag the blue arrow at the bottom right of the log (Reference Depth 1:10000) to the second calibration depth (typically the last labeled depth grid line).
- On the Log page of the Property Manager, in the Registration subsection of the Data section, type the depth value for this second blue line into the Second reference depth field.
- Move your cursor over the purple hatchure bar at the left side of the log. When the 4-way arrow turns into a 2-way arrow, click and drag left or right to define the area to clip at the left side of the log.
- Repeat step 7 for the purple hatchure bar at the right side of the log.
- Press Enter when you're done registering the log.
- In the Log Registration Table dialog, give your log a Hole ID and specify a Table name to save the registration information to. If you already have a registration table in this project, it should be selected by default. You can select a different Table name from the dropdown list or type in a new one if desired. If you choose an existing table, you can set the Preclear option to define whether to clear the entire table before this new information is written to it, to clear rows that contain this hole ID, or not to clear anything (just append this new information to what's there).
- Click Save to save the registration table.
The log is now depth-registered. To change the registration, just click the Register button on the Log page in the Property Manager, in the Registration subsection of the Data section.
To add layer marks to the log, you can either click the ... button in the Layer mark table field for the Log page in the Property Manager to load a layer file, or you can follow these instructions to manually pick the layer tops:
- To add layer marks, click the Pick Layers button in the Registration subsection of the Data section on the Log page of the Property Manager.
- Click on the log where you want the first layer top to occur.
- Type a name into the box in the Add Layer dialog (or select one from the dropdown list) and click OK.
- Repeat for any other layers, then press Enter.
- In the Layer Marks Table dialog, provide a table name if you want to save these layer marks to a table. As with the Log Registration Table dialog, if a table already exists, the Table name will be set to this table by default, and you will be prompted to decide what to Preclear from this table.
- Click OK and the layer marks appear on the log. If you do not see the layers, turn down the Image opacity (Log page in the Property Manager) since it is likely the image is obstructing your view of the layers.
Updated March 26, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.