There is not a way to convert the alphabetic column headings in the worksheet to numeric headings. To add your vote to this request on our suggestion file, please email GrapherSupport@GoldenSoftware.com.
As a workaround, you can insert a row of numbers at the top of the worksheet. To do this:
- Click the File | Open command, select the worksheet and click Open.
- Highlight row 1 and click the Data Tools | Edit | Insert command. A blank row is added to the top of the worksheet.
- Click the Data Tools | Data | Transform command.
- Click on the existing option next to Transform with and select Row variables (e.g., _3=_1 + _2).
- In the Transform equation, type: _1=row()
- Enter the letters for the First col and Last col:
The dialog should look similar to this before clicking OK.
- Click OK and row 1 is populated with the consecutive numbers:
This worksheet shows the column number in row 1.
Updated September 21, 2017