When working with large data sets it can sometimes be easier to work with column numbers rather than letters. To easily access this information, you can insert a row of numbers at the top of the worksheet in Grapher. To do this:
- Click the File | Open command, select the worksheet and click Open.
- Highlight row 1 and click the Data Tools | Edit | Insert command. A blank row is added to the top of the worksheet.
- Click the Data Tools | Data | Transform command.
- Click on the existing option in the Transform with field and select Row variables (e.g., _3=_1 + _2).
- In the Transform equation field enter: _1=row()
- Enter the letters for the First col and Last col:
The Transform dialog should look similar to this before clicking OK.
- Click OK and row 1 is populated with the consecutive numbers:
Worksheet showing the column number in row 1.
Updated March 2023
Please sign in to leave a comment.