Grapher allows multiple variable bar charts to be stacked, adjacent, or a combination of stacked and adjacent. To create a multi-variable graph that shows all bar charts for each category as adjacent, follow to steps below.
- Click the Home | New Graph | Bar | Vertical Category Bar Chart () command, select your data file, and click Open.
- In the Object Manager, click the Bar Chart to select it.
- In the Plot tab of the Property Manager, verify that the Y variable column is the column containing your first set of bar data.
- At the bottom of the Plot tab, click Create in the New plot field until a bar has been added for each variable. By default, a new bar chart will be created with the next column in the worksheet and it will be stacked on the first bar chart.
- Click Stacked in the Stacking field and select Adjacent.
- Adjust the other bar properties as desired.
- If the bars do not display as adjacent, click on the Bar Groups tab.
- Expand the Bar Charts section, and assign the same Group to each bar chart.
Grapher adjacent category bar chart with classes displayed on the X axis
Updated September 26, 2018