Grapher allows multiple bar charts to be stacked, adjacent, or a combination of stacked and adjacent. To create a graph that shows all bar charts for each category as adjacent, follow to steps below.
- Click the Home | New Graph | Bar | Vertical Category Bar Chart command.
- In the Open Worksheet dialog, select your data file and click Open.
- In the Object Manager, click the bar chart to select it.
- On the Plot page in the Property Manager, if your data is in rows rather than in columns, check the checkbox next to Data in rows.
- Verify that the Y variable is the column/row containing your first set of bar data.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Plot page and click Create in the New plot field. By default, a new bar chart will be added to the graph with the Y variable set to the next column/row in the worksheet, and it will be stacked on the first bar chart.
- Repeat step 6 for each bar chart you wish to add.
- Select Adjacent from the Stacking field list.
- If the bars do not display as adjacent,
- Click on the Bar Groups tab.
- Expand the Bar Charts section, and assign the same Group to each bar chart.
Grapher adjacent category bar chart with classes displayed on the X axis.
Updated August 2, 2019