You can create and stack multiple bar charts in Grapher. Grapher supports stacked bar charts, adjacent bar charts, or a combination of stacked and adjacent bar charts. To create a graph that displays all bar charts for each category adjacent to each other, follow the steps below.
- Click the Home | New Graph | Bar | Vertical Category Bar Chart command.
- In the Open Worksheet dialog, select your data file and click Open.
- In the Object Manager, click the bar chart to select it.
- On the Plot page in the Property Manager, if your data is in rows rather than in columns, check the checkbox next to Data in rows.
- Verify that the Y variable is the column/row containing your first set of bar data.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Plot page and click Create in the New plot field. By default, a new bar chart will be added to the graph with the Y variable set to the next column/row in the worksheet, and it will be stacked on the first bar chart.
- Repeat the previous step for each bar chart you wish to add.
- Under Plot Options, Select Adjacent from the Stacking field list.
- If the bars do not display as adjacent,
- Click on the Groups tab.
- Expand the Plots section, and assign the same Group to each bar chart.
Grapher adjacent category bar chart with classes displayed on the X axis.
Updated March 2023
Please sign in to leave a comment.