For example, suppose your scatter plot looks like this:
The data appears to follow a general linear trend.
The following steps can be used to add a linear fit curve and determine the slope of the line.
- Click on the Line/Scatter Plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click Home | Add to graph | Fit Curve. By default, a linear fit will be applied.
- Click on the Linear Fit in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Plot tab.
- Click the Insert button next in the Insert into plot document field.
- Click in the Plot window where you want the text to appear. The equation is in the form Y = M*X+B where M is the slope the line.
The statistics for the linear fit curve display the slope of the equation.
Updated March 12, 2019