A linear fit curve can be used to calculate the slope of the data distribution for any line/scatter plot in Grapher.
The statistics for the linear fit curve display the slope of the equation.
The following steps can be used to add a linear fit curve and determine the slope of the line:
- Click on the Line/Scatter Plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click Graph Tools | Add to graph | Fit Curve (in Grapher 14 click Home | Add to Graph | Fit Curve). By default, a linear fit will be applied.
- Click on the Linear Fit in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Plot tab.
- Click the Insert button next in the Insert into plot document field.
- Click in the Plot window where you want the text to appear. The equation is in the form Y = M*X+B where M is the slope the line.
Updated July 2019