To point out specific areas of a graph or map, arrows are often used. Complete the steps below to draw an arrow on your plot.
- Click the Insert | Draw | Polyline command.
- Click the Plot where you want the arrow to start.
- For a straight line with no additional segments, click on the location where you want the arrow to end.
- Press ENTER on the keyboard to end the line creation.
- Press ESC on the keyboard to end drawing mode.
- Click Polyline 1 in the Object Manager.
- In the Property Manager, change the Start or End option from None to the desired arrow style. The Start is the point you clicked on in step 2. The End is the point you clicked on in step 3.
- Change the Scale value to increase or decrease the size of the arrow.
If the arrow should be curved, you can click the Insert | Draw | Spline Polyline command in step 1. Spline polylines require clicking additional points between steps 2 and 3.
Arrows can highlight features in your graph.
After drawing the arrows, you can click on the arrow to select it and change the line color, thickness, or style in the Property Manager. In addition, you can click the Insert | Reshape command to change the location of any node on the line.
Updated May 2023
Please sign in to leave a comment.