If your graph has an axis with date/time formats, you will likely want to set the tick mark interval spacing using a date/time interval. This will create uniform labels every year, quarter, month, day, or hour. To change the interval for your date/time axis:
- Create your graph as normal, using the Graphs | Create command.
- Click on the date/time axis to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Tick Marks tab.
- Click the + next to Major Ticks section, if needed.
- Check the box next to the Use date/time spacing option.
- Click the Every Year button next to Date/time spacing.
- Set the interval for the major tick marks. This can be 1 Year, 1 Month, 1 Day, etc. The 1 indicates how many of the variable is displayed. So, 1 Year indicates one tick mark every year. 2 Year indicates 2 tick marks every year. As an example, if you want a quarterly tick mark, you would use 3 Month.
- Click OK and the major tick marks are now showing the desired number of labels.
Display major tick marks at specific intervals, such as quarterly.
Updated September 30, 2016