If your graph has an axis with date/time formats, you will likely want to set the tick mark interval spacing using a date/time interval. This will create uniform labels every year, quarter, month, day, or hour. To change the interval for your date/time axis:
- Click on the date/time axis to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Labels tab.
- Verify that the Use date/time format box is checked in the General section.
- Click on the Ticks tab.
- In the Major Ticks section, check the box next to the Use date/time spacing option.
- Click the Every Year button next to Date/time spacing.
- Set the interval and units for the major tick marks. If you want a quarterly tick mark, you would increase the number in the Every box to 3 and select Month from the dropdown list.
- Click OK and the major tick marks are now showing the desired number of labels.
Display major tick marks at specific date/time intervals, such as quarterly (i.e. every 3 months).
Updated January 12, 2018