Grapher allows multiple variable bar charts to be stacked, adjacent, or a combination of stacked and adjacent. To create a multi-variable graph that shows all bar charts for each category as stacked, you can use these steps:
- Click the Home | New Graph | Bar | Vertical Bar Chart command (or add to an existing graph click Home | Add to Graph | Vertical Bar Chart).
- Select the data file and click Open. As an example, I am using the Tutorial.dat file located in Grapher's Samples directory. The first bar chart is created.
- In the Object Manager, click on the Bar Chart 1 to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Plot tab.
- Click the Create button next to New plot to add each additional bar chart. Note that all of the bars will be stacked in a single bar initially.
- If necessary, change the other bar chart properties for each bar chart.
- Click on the Bar Groups tab.
- Expand the Bar Charts section, and assign the correct Group to Bar Chart 1 and Bar Chart 2
Once all the bars are in the group, your graph will look something like:
Make sure all bars are in the same
group in Bar Groups to stack them.
Updated December 11, 2017