Grapher allows multiple variable bar charts to be stacked, adjacent, or a combination of stacked and adjacent. To create a multi-variable graph that shows all bar charts for each category as stacked, you can use these steps:
- Click the Graphs | Create | Bar | Vertical Bar Chart command.
- Select the data file and click Open. As an example, I am using the Tutorial.dat file located in Grapher's Samples directory. The first bar chart is created.
- In the Object Manager, click on the Bar Chart 1 to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Plot tab.
- Click the Create button next to New plot to add each additional bar chart. Note that all of the bars will be stacked in a single bar initially.
- If necessary, change the other bar chart properties for each bar chart.
- Click on the Bar Chart Groups tab.
- You will see a Group 1 section. Check the bars that should be stacked together.
- If some bars cannot be checked, click on the Group 1 text next to Groups. If another group is listed select it and click the Delete button next to Delete group. Only a single bar chart group should exist.
Once all the bars are in the group, your graph will look something like:
Make sure all bars are in the same
group in Bar Chart Groups to stack them.
Updated October 3, 2016