Grapher allows multiple variable bar charts to be stacked, adjacent, or a combination of stacked and adjacent. To create a multi-variable graph that shows all bar charts for each category as stacked, follow to steps below.
- Click the Home | New Graph | Bar | Vertical Bar Chart command (or add to an existing graph click Home | Add to Graph | Vertical Bar Chart).
- Select the data file and click Open. The first bar chart is created.
- In the Object Manager, click the Bar Chart to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Plot tab.
- Click the Create button in the New plot field to add each additional bar chart. Note that all of the bars charts will be added to a single group by default.
- If desired, change the other bar chart properties for each bar chart.
- If the bars do not stack automatically, click on the Bar Groups tab.
- Expand the Bar Charts section, and assign the same Group to each bar chart
Once all the bars are in the group, your graph will look something like this:
Grapher stacked bar charts
Updated September 26, 2018