To fill a plot only to a specific data value in Grapher:
- Create a line plot by clicking the Graphs | Create | Basic | Line Plot command.
- Select your data file and click Open. For example, I am using tutorial.dat, located in the Grapher Samples directory. The graph is created.
Line/scatter plot created in Grapher, displaying no fill.
- Click on the Line/Scatter Plot 1 in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click the Fill tab.
- Change the Pattern from None to Solid.
- Set the Foreground color and Background color, as desired.
- Change the Direction, if desired.
- Change the Cutoff value from Auto to Custom.
- Highlight the existing value and type a new value. For instance, if I want the graph to be filled down from the line to the value Y=55, I would type 55 for the Cutoff.
The fill updates to show the fill only the portion of the graph that fits the Direction and Cutoff.
The graph shows the fill from the plot to the cutoff value.
Updated October 3, 2016