Grapher offers a number of plot fill options. You can fill above or below a plot or between two plots. You can also define a cutoff value for the fill. A fill with cutoff value can be used to highlight data that is above or below a threshold. To define a cutoff value for the fill in Grapher, follow the steps below.
- Create a line plot by clicking the Home | New Graph | Basic | Line Plot command.
- Select your data file and click Open.
Line plot created in Grapher, displaying no fill.
- Click on the plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click the Fill tab.
- Change the Pattern from None to Solid or the desired pattern.
- Set the Foreground color as desired.
- Change the Direction, if desired.
- Change the Cutoff value by highlighting the existing value and typing a new value.
- The graph updates to show the fill in only the portion of the plot that fits the Direction and Cutoff.
Line plot created in Grapher showing a fill to the cutoff value of -50.
Updated August 5, 2019