Creating the First Plot and Axes:
- Create the appropriate first graph. For instance, if the first graph should be a bar chart, click the Graphs | Create | Bar | Vertical Bar Chart command ().
- Select the data file and click Open. For this example, I selected the bar chart orientations.dat file located in the Grapher Samples directory. The first plot and the axes are created.
- Make any changes to the Bar Chart 1, Y Axis 1, or X Axis 1, as desired. For instance, I have changed the X axis limits and the color and width of the bar chart in this example.
The original graph contains 1 X axis, 1 Y axis, and 1 plot.
Adding a New Plot:
- Click anywhere on the graph to select it.
- Click the Graphs | Add to Graph | Plot command ().
- Select the type of plot and click OK. For instance, you may select a Line/Scatter Plot.
- In the Choose Axes dialog, be sure to select X Axis 1 and Y Axis 1 and click OK.
- Select the data file and click Open. The new plot is added to the original X axis and the top Y axis.
A graph is created with 1 Y axis and 1 X axis and multiple plots. Both the line plot and bar chart use the same axes.
Updated October 3, 2016