The error about the the source file not found, or error reading from the file, Colors.ini indicates that there are still some old installer files left on your computer (they were not all removed during uninstallation), including the one in the error message (Colors.ini). This error is solved by deleting the folder in the error message, in addition to other folders containing Surfer installer files.
The steps are:
- If Surfer is not already uninstalled, then you can uninstall Surfer using the Control Panel | Uninstall a program function.
- After Surfer is uninstalled, open Windows Explorer.
- The path mentioned in the error is in a hidden folder, so double check to be sure you can see the hidden folders. Click Tools | Folder options in Windows Explorer. In the Folder Options dialog, click the View tab, and be sure Show hidden files, folders, and drives is selected and click OK.
- Then navigate to C:\ProgramData\Golden Software.
- Delete the Surfer folder and everything in it. This will be any installer files for Surfer.
- Reboot the computer.
- Now navigate to where the update file was downloaded (e.g. C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Golden Software\Surfer 14) or the full downloaded EXE file, right click over the EXE file and click Run as administrator. That will restart the installation process.
Updated January 31, 2017