The color scale shows the colors/opacity of the contour fill. When you change the opacity of the layer itself, it doesn’t change the actual fill properties for the contours, so the color scale isn’t updated automatically. You can change this one of two ways.
Method 1: Manually set the Opacity of the Color Scale
You can manually set the opacity of the color scale to match that of the Contours layer. To do this:
- Select the Color Scale in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, on the General page, under Color Scale, set the Opacity value to match that of the layer.
Method 2: Change the Opacity for the Fill instead of the Layer
Instead of changing the opacity for the entire Contours layer, change the opacity of the contour fill. This way, the color scale automatically updates along with the fill. To do this:
- Select the Contours layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the Layer tab and reset the Opacity for the layer to be 100%.
- Click the Levels tab.
- If the Level method is set to Simple or Logarithmic:
- Under Filled Contours, click the (…) button to the right of Fill colors.
- If the Level method is set to Advanced:
- Click the Edit Levels button, click Fill, click Foreground Color.
- In the Colormap dialog, change the Opacity value here for all nodes and click OK (click OK twice if using the Advanced Level method).
Updated October 25, 2018