Follow the steps below for digitizing from a map larger than the tablet.
- Divide the map into enough sections so that each will fit on the digitizing tablet. For each section, define between 3 and 256 calibration points.
- Calibrate the tablet according to the instructions for calibration.
- Digitize all the objects on that portion of the map. Save the work in a PJT file using File | Save As.
- Go to Map | Project Limits and change the X and Y limits to reflect the dimensions of the entire project area.
- Move the map so the next section is on the tablet. Go to Draw | Tablet | Tablet Calibration and click the Next button to go to Step Two.
- Clear the existing calibration points by clicking the Delete Point button. Type in the calibration points for this section of the map and complete the calibration of the tablet.
- Digitize all objects on this section of the map and save the file.
- Continue in this manner until you've completed the project.
Updated March 20, 2014