|KB no longer maintained - Didger is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. The majority of Didger's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
For some examples of how the image vectorization works, we have included a number of sample PJT files in the Samples folder:
- Well Log: If you would like to see an example of a well log, open the sample file Wildcat.pjt (found in the Samples folder of the Didger 5 installation directory). Select the image and go to Image | Vectorize Image. Leave the Vectorization Scheme set to Default. Under the Colors to Vectorize section, choose Selected Colors. Move your cursor over to the image and click on the blue line (since it is the blue line we want to digitize). If you need to zoom in, hold the SHIFT key down when you click. Once the blue color is entered under the Color column in the Vectorize Image dialog, slide the Color Tolerance slider at the bottom from 0 to somewhere around 40. Click OK. The blue lines are vectorized and the new polylines will be created in a new layer.
- Vectorize Different Color Lines: To see an example of different color line work, please open the sample file Bishop.pjt. Select the image and go to Image | Vectorize Image, for the Vectorization Scheme choose Sample File - Bishop, and click OK. The vectorized lines will be on a newly created layer.
- Vectorize Polygons: To see an example of vectorized polygons, please open the sample file ColoradoCounties.pjt. Select the image and go to Image | Vectorize Image, choose Sample File - Colorado Counties as the Vectorization Scheme, and click OK.
- Colored Contour Map: To see an example of a colored contour map, please open the sample file USGS DRG Contour Extraction.pjt. Select the image and go to Image | Vectorize Image. Now you can choose between two different vectorization schemes to see the difference. They use different colors to vectorize. You can choose either USGS DRG - Contour Line Extraction or USGS DRG - Line Feature Extraction as the Vectorization Scheme, and click OK.
- Help Topics: You can go to Help | Help Topics, go to the Index tab, and select "vectorize image". Choose to display the Vectorize Image topic. The Help will go through what the items in the Vectorize Image dialog mean.
- Tutorial: You can go through the Tutorial on vectorizing images. Go to Help | Tutorial and click on Lesson 7 - Vectorizing an Image.
Updated October 6, 2016
Please sign in to leave a comment.