You can create a map from just one county by plotting the entire state then removing the unnecessary counties. Instructions for doing so are found below.
- Click Map | Create Map | Base.
- In the Import dialog, choose your state boundary file from the MapViewer 8\Samples directory and click Open. The county files are named by the state abbreviation followed by the year 2010 (i.e. NV2010.gsb for Nevada).
- Click Open.
- In the Import Options dialog, choose the attributes you wish to import, and click OK. This loads a base map of all the counties in the state.
- Select the country you want to keep in one of the following ways
- Click on the county in the map.
- Click on the county in the Object Manager.
- On the Home tab in the ribbon bar, in the Tools group, type the county name into the Search box, and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Click Arrange | Selection | Invert to select all of the counties you do not want to keep.
- Press DELETE on your keyboard.
- Click Map | Plot | Plot Properties.
- On the Scale page in the Property Manager, change the XY relationship to Current and then change the Scale method to Fit to page.
Now you can use File | Export to export to a GSB if you want to use this county again in the future, or you can just start creating your map by clicking Map | Create Map | <map type>.
Updated December 12, 2018