The steps used to cut an object into two depends on the type of object you have to begin with. To determine the type of object, click once on the object to select it. In the Object Manager, the icon next to the object name specifies what type of object it is.
For a curve object (polyline or spline polyline )
- Select the polyline or spline polyline object.
- Click Boundary | Edit Polylines | Break Polyline.
- Click on the curve where you want to divide it.
For an area object (polygon or spline polygon )
- Use the Draw | Shape | Polyline or Spline Polyline command to draw a polyline across the area where you want to divide it. Have the polyline start and end outside of the polygon.
- Select both the polyline and the polygon objects by holding the CTRL key on the keyboard.
- Use the Boundary | New Boundaries | Divide Polygons command to divide the area.
- If desired, make changes in the Divide Polygons dialog. If no changes are needed, click OK. More information about the options shown here can be found in MapViewer's Help.
For a symmetric shape (rectangle , rounded rectangle , ellipse )
- Select the symmetric shape object.
- Convert it to a polygon object using the Boundary | Edit Boundaries | Change Boundary Type | Symmetric Shape to Polygon command.
- Follow the instructions above for an polygon object.
Updated September 12, 2018