|KB no longer maintained - MapViewer is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of MapViewer's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
To add a North arrow in MapViewer, follow these steps:
- Create a new point object using the Draw | Shape | Point command.
- Click on the screen where you want the north arrow to be displayed, and then press Esc to exit drawing mode.
- Click on the the point to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click the Symbol tab.
- Click in the Symbol Set field where the current font name is displayed. Select GSI Default Symbols or GSI North Arrows from the dropdown list.
- Click in the Symbol field where the current symbol is displayed. In the dropdown list, select a new symbol to be used for the north arrow.
- If desired, change the Size to make your north arrow larger.
- With the symbol still selected, click Arrange | Rotate | Rotate to rotate the symbol so it lines up with the North orientation.
Updated September 29, 2016