- Create a worksheet that has the angle direction and compass text in two separate columns. The Angle column contains the angle direction in degrees where the axis label is located. The Compass column contains the label text that you would like displayed for the labels.
Column A contains the angle direction.
Column B contains the compass text.
- Create the polar plot as normal by clicking the appropriate Graphs | Create | Polar command.
- Click on the Angle Axis 1 in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager,click on the Tick Labels tab.
- Click the next to the Major Label Text section.
- Change the Label source to From worksheet.
- Click the Worksheet option where the word None appears. In the list, select the worksheet created in step 1. You may need to click Browse and select the worksheet in the Open Worksheet dialog if the file is not already open.
- Set the Data column to the Angle column.
- Set the Label column to the Compass column.
The graph will now show the direction labels. You can have as many or few directions as you want. Note in the original worksheet, some rows did not have labels. These are shown on the graph as tick marks with no labels. The value should be included anywhere a tick mark is desired.
The polar graph is displaying the compass direction instead of degrees.
Updated July 7, 2016