The File | Export command exports the contour map with colors, line styles, labels and any other objects in the plot window. The polylines in the contour map have ZLEVEL attributes.
- Simply click File | Export.
- Give the file a name, choose to save it as a DXF file and click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog, on the Scaling page, set the Scaling source to Map. On the DXF Options page, select any options you wish.
- Click OK.
The Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours command (called Map | Export Contours in Surfer 13 and previous) only exports the contour lines themselves. No colors, labels or other objects are exported. If you are using Surfer 12 or a previous version, or just want the contour lines themselves in the DXF file, then you should use this command:
- Select the Contours layer in the Contents window.
- Click Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours.
- In the Save As dialog, choose to save it as an AutoCAD DXF File, give the file a name and click Save.
Updated February 6, 2017