The File | Export command exports the contour map with colors, line styles, labels and any other objects in the plot window. The contour level polylines in the contour map have ZLEVEL attributes.
- Click File | Export.
- Give the file a name, change the Save as type to DXF, and click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog,
- On the Scaling page, set the Scaling source to Map.
- On the DXF Options page, select any options you wish.
- Click OK.
The Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours command only exports the contour lines themselves. No colors, labels or other objects are exported.
- Select the Contours layer in the Contents window.
- Click Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours.
- In the Save As dialog, change the Save as type to AutoCAD DXF File, give the file a name and click Save.
Updated October 4, 2018