To print a subset area of a map in Surfer, you can use the View Print Method. See the steps below.
- Position your map, so that only the area you wish to print is visible.
- Click the File | Print command.
- In the Print dialog, set the Print Method to View.
- Click OK.
To print a subset area of a map in Surfer 13 or previous, you can either change the map limits or change the page size.
Method 1: Changing the Map Limits
- Select Map in the Object Manager.
- In the Property Manager, click the Limits tab, and specify the X and Y minimum and maximum coordinates of the area of interest.
- Click the Scale tab and specify the size of the map you want.
- Click File | Print to print the subset area of your map.
Method 2: Changing the Paper Size
- Click File | Page Setup and change the Paper Size to be much smaller (about the size of the area on the map you want to print) and click OK.
- Click Tools | Options and on the User Interface page, make sure Show page rectangle and Show margins are checked, and click OK.
- Click Edit | Select All to select all your objects in the plot window.
- Move the map so that the portion you want to print is over the page outline displayed on the screen. You may want to go to File | Page Setup and readjust the page size.
- Click File | Print, choose the Truncate as the Print Method and click OK.
Updated October 25, 2018