To save an LVL file, follow these steps:
- Click the Contours layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the Levels tab.
- Set the Level method to Advanced.
- Click the Edit Levels button.
- In the Levels for Map dialog, change any of the contour parameters, including the contour levels, line properties, fill properties, contour labels, and hachure information.
- After the settings are what you want to save, click the Save button.
- In the Save As dialog, type the name of the level file and click Save.
The level file is saved with an LVL extension.
To use a level file with any contour map, click the Load button in the contour Levels for Map dialog. All contour maps using the level file must have comparable Z data ranges, otherwise contour lines and fill will not appear on the map.
Updated February 6, 2017