You do not need to do anything special to import a georeferenced image file. Click Home | New Map | Base, select the TIF file and click Open. If the image is georeferenced, it will import in the correct map coordinates.
To export a TIF/TFW file from Surfer, you can:
- Click File | Export.
- Choose to export it as a TIF file and click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog, click the Spatial References tab.
- For the Coordinate System, choose which coordinate system you wish to export the spatial referencing in (usually, this would be set to Map).
- Check the check box next to the format you wish to save the referencing in (i.e. ESRI World File).
- Click OK and the TIF/TFW file is exported.
Updated February 9, 2017