Surfer does contain a work around for the problems with these printer drivers. There are several settings that you can change in the configuration settings files, GsDraw.ini. The recommended change for restoring missing lines when printing is described below.
- Open the GsDraw.ini file located in the Surfer installation directory.
- Once the INI file is opened, locate the DecomposePrinterPolygons item.
- Remove the semi-colon from the DecomposePrinterPolygons and change the value to zero. The line should look like this: DecomposePrinterPolygons=0
- Save and close the INI file.
- You might consider reopening it just to be sure the changes have taken effect.
- Then, restart Surfer. When you print, the lines should be correct.
If that doesn't work, you can try a different printer driver. For example, you can try Adobe Acrobat or the free version of CutePDF or PDFCreator. You can also try clicking File | Export and exporting to a vector PDF instead of printing one.
Updated October 25, 2018