Multiple wireframe maps cannot be overlaid in Surfer due to a limitation of the wireframe map type. If you want to overlay multiple 3D wireframe maps, you can effectively do this by overlaying two (or more) 3D surface maps:
- Create a 3D Surface Map using Home | New Map | 3D Surface | 3D Surface.
- Add additional layer(s) using Home | Add to Map | Layer | 3D Surface.
- Click one of the 3D Surface layers in the Contents window to select it.
- Click the Mesh tab in the Properties window.
- Check the Draw lines check box under Lines of Constant X and Lines of Constant Y.
- Click the General tab.
- Click on the Custom colormap (...) button in the Upper field.
- In the Colormap dialog, set to Opacity to 0% and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-8 for all 3D Surface layers.
The 3D surface maps will appear like 3D wireframe maps. Surface maps also have the added ability to set the limits of the map and to choose the frequency of the mesh lines, which is not supported by wireframe maps.
Updated May 1, 2020