To change the default axis display mode to invisible, complete the steps below. Note that the axes will still be created but they will be unchecked in the Contents window when this setting is changed.
- Click File | Defaults.
- In the Settings field, expand Map Left Axis.
- Select lxShow:
- Change the Setting value to No.
- Change the Setting persistence to Always reset.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the Map Right Axis, Map Bottom Axis, and Map Top Axis.
- Click OK and save the changes to the SET file.
Now when you create a map, the axes will still be there but they will be invisible and unchecked in the Contents window.
Updated November 7, 2018