The most common cause of the Surfer error "Print aborted Code = -1" is insufficient memory on the printer.
You may be able to work around the problem by:
- Changing the printer settings to use memory on the computer rather than printer memory. For example, print directly to the printer instead of spooling the documents.
- When printing from the Help, choose to print only the selected topics, do not choose to print the selected heading and all subtopics.
- Printing to a file and copying the file to the printer.
- Printing to a PDF driver, opening the PDF in Adobe Reader and printing from there.
- There may be other printer driver settings that can help print a large plot.
- There may be newer printer drivers for your printer on the HP web site that have additional features.
- You can reduce the physical size of the map.
- You can reduce the size of the SRF file you are printing. If the project contains images in it, try resampling the images to a lower resolution and reinserting them in the project to lower the memory requirements.
Updated November 10, 2017