If you want the XYZ coordinates of the contour lines, there are two ways you can do this easily in Surfer:
- Export Contours
- Select the Contours layer in the Contents window.
- Click Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours.
- Change the Save as type to Text format (*.txt) and click Save.
- File | Export
- Turn off any objects you don't want to export by unchecking them in the Contents window
- Click File | Export.
- Change the Save as type to CSV XYZ points (*.csv) or DAT XYZ points (*.dat, *.txt, *.xyz).
- In the Export Options dialog, on the XYZ Options page, make sure to check the box next to Write Z (elevation) column.
Updated October 15, 2018