In Surfer, if the map axes are showing coordinates in a different coordinate system than the one you want, you may need to change your Target Coordinate System for the map.
To do so, follow these steps:
- First, select each map layer in the map and be sure a coordinate system is set for each layer. You can see this on the Coordinate System page in the Properties window.
- If the layer is geographically referenced, and a coordinate system is displayed, then you can go to the next step.
- If the layer is geographically referenced, but there is not a coordinate system set for the layer, click the Set button. Select the appropriate coordinate system and click OK.
- If the layer is not geographically referenced, you can still click Set and specify the coordinate units for that layer (e.g. meters, inches, millimeters or feet) by clicking the Modify button, selecting the linear units and clicking OK and OK.
- Then, click on the Map object in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click on the Coordinate System tab.
- Click the Change button to change the map's target coordinate system to whatever coordinate system you want the axes to be displayed in.
- After selecting the new system, click OK. The map axes will now appear in the desired coordinates. Each map layer is converted from its source coordinate system to the target coordinate system.
Updated October 3, 2017