- Right-click the Surfer installation EXE file and click Run as administrator.
- After the installation fails, open Windows Explorer.
- In the address bar at the top, clear the contents, type in %temp%, and press ENTER on the keyboard
- The file is Voxler_4_installer_log.txt. Please email the log file to email@example.com along with the full text of the installation error message.
- Go to Start | Run.
- For a local installation, type:
[drive letter]:\[path]\Setup.exe" /L*v "[drive letter]:\[path]\VoxlerInstall.log
Replace the [drive letter] and [path] with a drive letter and path on your computer. For example, if the installation CD is in drive D: and you have a C:\temp\ directory on your computer, use the following syntax:
d:\setup.exe" /L*v "c:\temp\VoxlerInstall.log
This syntax also works with the EXE file that is provided when Voxler is delivered via the download option.
c:\download\voxler101.exe" /L*v "c:\download\VoxlerInstall.log
***The download file name is subject to change.
- Click OK. After the installation process terminates, the log file is created in the path you specify. Please send the log file to technical support along with the installation message text.
Updated March 30, 2018