To import multiple LAS files and print just the headers, you should import all LAS files into individual tables or one single data table, choosing to import all the Well Info data into a single data table. Then create a header in the borehole view consisting of linked text objects showing the values of the header items. When you are done, you can simply click File | Print Multiple Logs and Strater will automatically print the header information for each of the selected wells.
As an example, open the attached SDG file in Strater. This file can be used as a template for this process, using the instructions below.
- Click on the LAS Data table.
- Click File | Import Data. Choose your LAS file(s) and click Open.
- In the LAS Import Options dialog, check the check box next to Import Well Data.
- Under Select text table to import data into, choose Well Info from the dropdown list.
- Click Next>.
- Map the columns from your LAS file (Import Source Data Columns) to the columns in the existing LAS Data table (Current Table Mapped Columns), and then click Import.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for your other LAS files.
- In the borehole view, click View | Display | View Properties and change the Hole ID filter in the Property Manager to one of your Hole IDs. Notice the linked text in the header pane (which is linked to the Well Info table) is updated accordingly.
- Once the header looks appropriate for your LAS files, click File | Print Multiple Logs.
- Select the first of the logs from the list, hold SHIFT, and click on the last of the logs in the list. This will highlight all of your logs.
- Click OK and the Print dialog box will appear. Make any changes you like and click OK. Strater will automatically print all the logs you selected using the borehole view as a template.
Updated: January 4, 2019