The ability to mimic grid lines with a depth log was a new feature added to Strater 5. To create background depth grid lines in Strater 5, follow these steps:
- Create a depth log at the far right or far left side of the log pane.
- Select the log.
- If your depth log is at the left side of the screen, on the Label page in the Property Manager set the Label side to Right. If your depth log is at the right side of the screen, set the Label side to Left.
- If your depth log is at the left side of the screen, on the Ticks page in the Property Manager set the Tick side to Left. If your depth log is at the right side of the screen, set the Tick side to Right.
- Set the Length in the Major Ticks and/or Minor Ticks section to a value just shy of the width of your log pane, then click and drag the log so you can see the labels.
- You can edit the properties of the major and minor ticks individually on the Line page.
To create background depth grid lines in Strater 4, follow these steps:
- Create a dummy bar (or line/symbol) log using any data table and column.
- Select the log.
- If you're using a bar log, in the Bar Log tab of the Property Manager uncheck the box next to Use Range Scheme.
- In the Line (or Display Properties) tab of the Property Manager expand the Line Properties section and change the Style to Invisible.
- Click on the Fill tab and expand the Fill Properties section (or stay on the Display Properties tab and expand the Log Fill Properties and Cutoff Fill Properties sections). Change the Pattern to None.
- If you're using a line/symbol log, in the Display Properties tab of the Property Manager expand the Symbol Properties section and set the Symbol Frequency to 0.
- In the Label tab, make sure Show Label is set to No Label (or None).
- In the Grid Line tab make sure Grid Line Display Order in the Variable Grid Lines section is set to Hide. Expand the Depth Grid Lines section, check the box(es) next to Show Major Depth Grid Lines and/or Show Minor Depth Grid Lines, and set Grid Line Display Order to Top or Bottom.
- Click and drag to expand the width of the log to span the entire width of the log pane, or however wide you want the grid lines to be.
- In the Object Manager, move this dummy log to the bottom of the Log Pane Objects so that the grid lines are behind all the other “real” logs.
- Delete the scale bar in the header pane that was created by default when the log was created.
Updated: October 4, 2016